What is China’s argument on Tibet?Dienstag, 01.03.2016, 23:09 Uhr | Kategorie(n): Menschenrechte, News Allgemein
China is very aware of the strength of the movement for Tibet’s freedom. Inside Tibet, it uses repression and violence against that movement. Outside China, it uses propaganda.
These are the six key arguments in the Tibet sovereignty debate, which China relies on to justify its continued occupation of Tibet.
Read on to discover what China says versus the truth. […]
1. China says: Tibet is part of China
2. China says: Old Tibet was backwards and needed China to liberate it
3. China says: Tibet already has autonomy
4. China says: Tibetans are prosperous and happy under China’s rule
5. China says: The Dalai Lama wants power, not peace
6. China says: Free Tibet supporters are anti-China
Read more at freetibet.org
- 25. November 2015: Tibet’s resistance
9. Dezember 2015: Empowering digital Tibet: An interview with activist Lhadon Tethong
15. März 2008: Tibetans resume peaceful march to Tibet
6. Februar 2016: Unsung heroes